Table of Contents
- How to Wear Saree in Modern Style
- 1. Choosing the Right Saree
- 2. Draping Techniques
- 2.1 Nivi Style
- 2.2 Lehenga Style
- 2.3 Pant Style
- 3. Blouse Designs
- 3.1 Off-Shoulder Blouse
- 3.2 Crop Top Blouse
- 3.3 Sheer Blouse
- 4. Accessories and Styling
- 4.1 Statement Jewelry
- 4.2 Belts
- 4.3 Footwear
- Q1: Can I wear a saree for casual occasions?
- Q2: How can I make my saree look more modern for a formal event?
- Q3: Can I wear a saree without a petticoat?
- Q4: Can I wear a saree with sneakers?
- Q5: How can I style my hair to complement a modern saree look?
The saree is a traditional Indian garment that has been worn for centuries. It is a versatile and elegant attire that can be styled in various ways to suit modern fashion trends. In this article, we will explore different ways to wear a saree in a modern style, incorporating contemporary elements while still respecting the traditional essence of this beautiful garment.
1. Choosing the Right Saree
Before diving into the styling techniques, it is important to choose the right saree that complements your body type and personal style. Here are some tips:
- Opt for lightweight fabrics like chiffon, georgette, or silk blends for a modern and comfortable look.
- Consider the occasion and choose the appropriate color and embellishments accordingly.
- Experiment with different prints and patterns to add a contemporary touch to your saree.
2. Draping Techniques
The draping style plays a crucial role in giving a modern twist to your saree. Here are some popular draping techniques:
2.1 Nivi Style
The Nivi style is the most common and traditional way of draping a saree. However, you can give it a modern twist by:
- Using a belt to cinch the waist and create a more structured look.
- Opting for a pre-stitched saree that requires minimal effort and gives a contemporary silhouette.
2.2 Lehenga Style
The lehenga style draping is perfect for those who want to add a touch of glamour to their saree. Here’s how you can do it:
- Pleat the saree and tuck it around the waist, leaving the pallu loose.
- Pair it with a crop top or a trendy blouse to create a fusion look.
2.3 Pant Style
The pant style draping is a modern and comfortable way to wear a saree. Follow these steps:
- Instead of a petticoat, wear a pair of fitted pants or leggings.
- Drape the saree around the pants, allowing the pleats to fall in the front.
- Secure the pallu on the shoulder or let it hang loose for a more casual look.
3. Blouse Designs
The blouse is an essential component of a saree ensemble. Here are some trendy blouse designs to enhance your modern saree look:
3.1 Off-Shoulder Blouse
An off-shoulder blouse adds a contemporary and feminine touch to your saree. It is perfect for special occasions or parties.
3.2 Crop Top Blouse
A crop top blouse is a popular choice among young women who want to experiment with their saree look. It adds a trendy and edgy vibe to the traditional attire.
3.3 Sheer Blouse
A sheer blouse with intricate embroidery or lacework can elevate your saree look to a whole new level. It adds a touch of elegance and modernity.
4. Accessories and Styling
Accessories play a crucial role in completing your modern saree look. Here are some tips:
4.1 Statement Jewelry
Pair your saree with bold and statement jewelry pieces like oversized earrings, chunky necklaces, or stacked bangles to add a modern and glamorous touch.
Adding a belt to your saree not only accentuates your waist but also gives a contemporary and structured look. Opt for metallic or embellished belts for a touch of glamour.
Choose footwear that complements your saree and adds a modern touch. Heels, wedges, or even sneakers can be paired with sarees to create a fusion look.
Wearing a saree in a modern style is all about experimenting with different draping techniques, blouse designs, and accessories. By incorporating contemporary elements while respecting the traditional essence of the saree, you can create a unique and fashionable look. Remember to choose the right saree that suits your body type and personal style, and don’t be afraid to mix and match different elements to create your own signature style.
Q1: Can I wear a saree for casual occasions?
A1: Absolutely! You can opt for lightweight fabrics, minimal embellishments, and casual draping styles to create a more relaxed and casual saree look.
Q2: How can I make my saree look more modern for a formal event?
A2: Choose a saree with contemporary prints or patterns, pair it with a trendy blouse, and accessorize with statement jewelry and a stylish clutch to make your saree look more modern and suitable for formal events.
Q3: Can I wear a saree without a petticoat?
A3: Yes, you can try the pant style draping technique mentioned earlier in the article, which eliminates the need for a petticoat.
Q4: Can I wear a saree with sneakers?
A4: Absolutely! Wearing sneakers with a saree is a popular trend among fashion-forward individuals. It adds a cool and contemporary touch to the traditional attire.
Q5: How can I style my hair to complement a modern saree look?
A5: You can experiment with different hairstyles like a sleek ponytail, a messy bun, or loose waves to complement your modern saree look. Consider your face shape and the overall vibe you want to achieve.